Chiweenie puppies are tiny, and due to the small bladder, they can’t hold pee for a longer duration! Check out the following steps to potty train your Chiweenie puppy:
Restrict Your Puppy To One Area
- Establish a ‘home base’ for your Chiweenie puppy to restrict it to one designated area.
- Use small gates or a puppy playpen, or use a small room, like a laundry room, for potty training.
Set Feeding and Potty Schedule
- Follow a strict schedule for feeding your puppy and for bathroom breaks.
- Supervise ‘the bathroom breaks’; ensure that it doesn’t get distracted in the middle.
Schedule Frequent Walks
- Take your puppy for walks multiple times in a day – when it wakes up, has food, drinks, and plays.
- Offer a treat when it does the business outside; it helps the pet to learn the acceptable way to discharge.
Use Voice Commands
- Use voice commands to potty train a Chiweenie.
- Use commands like ‘Outside!’ or ‘Potty!’ while taking it out.
- Keep soaking potty pads near their sleeping area.
- Gradually increase the distance to take the pee pads outside the home.
Litter Box Training
- Place your puppy into a litter box and wait. Reward them with a treat for using the litter box.
- Encourage it to use it every time. Reward-based training helps to develop good habits.
Disclaimer: The content on the site is for educational purposes only, and it does not provide medical advice. The shared information must not be treated as a substitute for or alternative for medical practitioner advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Regarding any concerns about your pet’s health, seeking veterinary guidance is of utmost necessity. Each pet has specific health, fitness & nutrition needs. Do not disregard, avoid or delay pet health-related advice from veterinarians based on reading the information provided on this site.